Mission Slideshow

Monday, July 2, 2012

Week #64 - "And what are you, a sheep?!"

Boom!

So our week was just a pretty normal week. Not really to much happened that was very special. However, the keyboard that I am using to write this letter is actually blank because all the letters have worn off and it is really testing my skills as far as remembering where all the keys are. I hope this will be legible.

We are really trying to work with the members in this area and it has been quite an uphill battle. We planned 4 family nights with the members. One of them fell through and for the other three; no one brought any of there friends. That left me a bit mad and frustrated but then I remembered that all of this work is very new for the people in this area and they have not really caught the dream yet. I gotta have faith, (as George Michael says) and a bit of patience. However we did another devotional about missionary work and it really worked out. I felt a really strong spirit testifying of the importance of this work. We gave EVERYONE a Book of Mormon to give to there friends and they all accepted. I have a wonderful photo of the whole group that I'll forward along later.

I would like to take this moment to talk about my new ward mission leader. His name is Paulo and he is the man. He works for Ford selling the new Fiesta but he drives a chevy and I never tire of giving him a ton of crap for that. haha! But he just tells me that in Brazil, all American cars are the same: EXPENSIVE! and he's just blessed to have one. Anyways he is a so ready to just work!!! He has planned divisions and he came up with a sweet idea. P-NIGHT!!!!! It will be a bi-weekly activity at the church to invite friends so they can see what a Mormon church building is really like. This week will be the first one and the activity is boss!!!! AÇAÍ night!!! (pronounced Ah-sy-ee). It is the best fruit ever and we will just invite everyone to come by and have a good time. If you want to know Açaí can be found in the states on the menu at Jamba Juice. Seriously, go try it. It is good!!

My companion is the man! He is so strong and he loves following the rules. He is flexible and patient and he has learned so fast. It has been really weird for me on my mission that ALL of my companions have been fresh new guys (except one). So I have always been trying to help them become better teachers whilest I was still learning myself. Well this guy has just adapted so fast and I love teaching with him. We are going to have a great time together.

So, I have been thinking about Roman a lot. Man, that guy..... he is just a few thousand miles to the south of me and probably just having the time of his life at the CTM. I wish I could have been there to see him off at the airport but at least I will be there to greet him when he gets home. I would love to pick him up actually because when he ends his mission is EXACTLY in the middle of the 2014 World Cup!!! and there will be lots of games to go see! So I would love to go to a game with him in Cuiabá! Roman, if you see this, Eu te amo brosef!!

I am doing real good. I am tired as heck. I love this work. I WOULD LOVE A LETTER FROM EACH OF YOU! PLEASE WRITE ME!! (see address to the right - postage is $1.05)

Eu voz amo,
Elder Asa Laws

No comments:

Post a Comment