Mission Slideshow

Monday, July 18, 2011

Week #14 - Rege!! That means hammock in Portuguese

Boom!!

What a great, warm, fast week!!!! Again, I forgot to bring notes from this week, but I will try to remember some really good highlights.

First, I want to make it clear to everyone, I LOVE MY MISSION!!!!!! I love it. I wouldn't trade one day of it away for any riches of this world. Not one day goes by where I don't see the importance of this gospel. Not one day goes by where I don't see how important this work is to these people, and to me!!! Yes, Brazil is different, and not my favorite place in the whole world. But what really matters is that I LOVE MY MISSION. I love these people. I love this work. I love my God.

This week I felt like we made some great progress with our investigator Patricia. Every time before, when we went over there I never really felt like she understood the importance of our message, or the fact that we were there to help and teach her. She is so much fun and really loves to talk with us and joke around, especially because she knows I do not always understand. Well we met with her and she somehow began to talk about the importance of order in her life, and organization. It was impressive to me that she was talking about this, because that morning I had studied in ETHER 12 about the the Order of God!! I just felt impressed to share my thoughts about that. So... I did. For about 15 minutes!!!! Me, talking in portuguese, for 15 minutes!!!!!! About things I had never explained before!!!! I felt the Lord helping soooooo much!!!! I think she felt the spirit too and finally realized, that we are messengers from God. We dedicate 2 years simpley to studying, and helping, and teaching and Gods Love for Us. She totally agreed with what I bore testimony about, and then I told her about how important the Book of Mormon was to her family. I told her everything that I felt in my heart from the Spirit. It was amazing. Well.... since then she has been reading!!!! And she loves the Book! She also asks really great questions, because she really knows the Bible! She first talked about divorce and then this last visit she asked about the 140000 people that go to live with God. I studied that part of the scriptures and have an answer for her. Its just exciting to see progression. She said that the Book of Mormon and what I had said to her gave her hope. How true is that message? We are here to give each other hope and faith in Christ.

I have really just grown to love the scriptures!!! Oh how I love to just study and read, and reference, and study, and ponder, and solve, and grow from the scriptures!!!! I think my favorite thing to do outside of soccer is study the scriptures!!! Corithians, Alma, Ether, Matthew, Genesis!!! There is soo much to learn. So much that we can read and realize to help us. If I have one piece of advice for the whole world, it is to study the Book of Mormon, the Bible, and the words of the Prophets!

This week I got a survival package from Elder Tenney... An American flag, Pepto-bismol, and playing cards!!!!!! OH yea!!! I also bought my hammock, timbers colors of course, and I love it.

Also, I have a question for you all, and I would love to hear your answers. Unto whom is given the law? (feel free to write my mom with your answers or send them to me in the mail - my address is in left column of this blog)


Ate mais, I love you all!
Elder Asa Laws

No comments:

Post a Comment