Mission Slideshow

Monday, August 27, 2012

Week #72 - "I'm watching you, Wazowski. Always watching."

BOOM!

So........ MY PACKAGES ARRIVED IN RECORD TIME!!!!!! I thank you Mother and the Pahl family (grandparents)!!!

Two jars of peanut butter (one from mom and one from grandma) is just absolutely amazing and the Brazilians in our house were blown away to see the church peanut butter you sent grandma Val. They had no idea that the church makes food! They quickly asked to devour it but I held them at bay. hahahaha! My companion even told me that he would give up normal butter forever if peanut butter existed in Brazil!!!!!

Also, JAM!!!!!!!!! Watermelon jam is quite different, but also AWESOME! Thank you again grandma. Making a PB&J might be one of the most sublime mortal experiences. Don't believe me? MAKE ONE and you will remember.

BEEF JERKY!! Already gone; consumed by the lust of four starved of dried meat missionaries! You have no idea how fast the bag went down. Another order is being officially placed as of today for more. Highly recommended is our review. 5 fat stars.

POWDERED MILK!!!!!!!! Okay mother, I will be honest. I thought this would be a bad idea because all milk in Brazil is powdered. I apologize in advance to all Brazilians who may be reading but Brazilian milk does not cut it. I am not a fan. So, back to the US powdered milk. I was of this opinion: "Great, more nasty milk." Well let me tell you my friends, I will never ever ever again put down powdered milk from the states!!!!!!! IT WAS REVELATION FROM HEAVEN!! A cup of real, mildly creamy, flavorful milk was probably the most delicious thing that I have poured down my throat in the last 1 year and 4 months!! I loved it. Great idea mother!! (As a side note I had to use google translate to remember the word throat. Totally forgot.)

TIES! OH MY GOSH. Mother, those 2 new ties you sent are amazingly beautiful. I LOVE THEM!!! They look great and finally I do not look like an idiot with a giant colored piece of fabric on my neck. Now it is classy neck-wear for me. I also have "acquired" through other means a few other skinnier ties. Now we are rocking. Also, thanks to my brother for sending me four of his own ties from the CTM in Sao Paulo via a Sister Missionary who just reported here to the Manaus mission a couple of weeks ago. Very cool!

But you cannot really rock a good tie without a good shirt. SO THANK YOU FOR THE NEW SHIRTS! I refer to those already received from grandma and to the new long sleeve in this latest box. It fits PERFECTLY!!! I never have had a shirt fit so good in my life!!!! I was looking quite good this last week at our baptismal service. hahaha!!! Just kidding! But is very nice to not be drowning in my clothes.

SHOES! You need to know that I got my packages from the zone leaders who came to do a baptismal interview for us. So I had to wait for over an hour before I could open the boxes and reveal those soccer shoes!!! OH MY GOSH. It makes such a difference. I made 5 goals today. My team creamed. "They are magic shoes".

Mother I love the crazy colored pens you sent. Some of them match my ties so I try to match pen to tie every day. Good stuff that keeps you sane in the Brazilian heat!!!


So I also want to say thank you to those who have written me recently. Brynn, I got your letter. Response has already been written and will be sent soon. Reed, I got your letter from Europe!!! Way cool, and I hope you know the response from me will be big!!! WAY BIGGER THAN YOU THINK. I am getting pretty busy and sometimes I just lose track of who writes me, so sorry if you wrote and I did not return a letter, BE IT KNOWN that it was read, and loved, and I thank thee! My English is getting overly formal. I seriously think with thee and thou and ye in my head!!! It is because I really think in Portuguese and I use the formal conjugations, like tu! anyway, I am a big fan of grammar now and I am trying to get better at writing .

So we have just been seeing tons of miracles in my district on the mission now. God is a God of miracles. Our mission is full of miracles. We have seen much fruit. This week Thiago was baptized and it was a beautiful service. There were so many people there. Such a beautiful spirit. (Such a great long sleeve shirt too!!!) Really none of this success is ours though. We just happen to be here at the time the Lord had prepared such amazing people and the spirit does all the teaching. Man, a mission is good stuff.

Know this, that God lives and so does His Son. I know it. I. KNOW. IT. If you feel that maybe you are in need, or tired, or you are just peachy, my invitation is still for you. Pray and ask God in Christ's name, what can you do be make things even better.

I love my mission. I love my brother (serving in Cuiaba). I love my Savior.

- Ky, you have no idea how much it means to me that you will be serving a mission. I almost cried. Truly.

- Brody. Your words will touch souls. Your mission will come to be something worth more than all the treasures of this earth.

Eu vos amo.
ABRAƇO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Asa Laws

No comments:

Post a Comment