Mission Slideshow

Monday, April 11, 2011

The day before I fly to Sao Paulo, Brazil

Hello Everyone!

We had an interesting morning of packing and repacking and repacking my ONE piece of luggage. Yes, that's right, ONE piece!  When my papers first came, they said I could take two pieces of luggage not weighing more than 50 lbs each. So we bought two suitcases and all the stuff on the list from my mission papers and it all fit perfectly and under weight. Then last Tues (a week before I leave) I get my final visa paperwork and passport and find out that the Manaus mission (and one other) can only take ONE piece of luggage and it cannot weigh more than 44 lbs. It's because the Manaus mission area is the size of Alaska and to get to different areas for transfers I'll be going by canoe or on a little puddle jumper plane. Luckily I get to also take a backpack as a carry on which is packed extremely tight and weighs in at 20lbs all by itself! This is all the stuff I get to own for the next two years.


I leave at noon tomorrow and fly to Atlanta, GA and then on to Sao Paulo, Brazil. I'll arrive the Wed morning around 9am local time. This is going to be an epic adventure and I can't wait to get it started!

No comments:

Post a Comment